MZD Progressive Artist Award
MZD Progressive Artist Award Nomination
Deadline: April 18, 2019
The MZD Progressive Artist Award recognizes the achievements of Edmonton-based artists who actively work in the arts and engage with the community in challenging and exciting ways. Award recipients will be chosen by a local panel of adjudicators.
The recipient will receive a $1,000 cash prize, announced at the MZD International Performance Art SUMMIT, May 17-19, 2019. This biennial award is made possible by a gift from private donors.
Nominations for the 2019 MZD Progressive Artist Award are now being accepted until April 18, 2019 at 5pm.
Guidelines for Eligibility
Recipients for this award must:
- Be nominated by an individual or group (nominators may not nominate more than one individual per year)
- Be involved in the Edmonton Arts Community in a professional capacity and have a body of work (in any discipline) that displays innovative, progressive, or political intent and/or results. Areas of focus may include: community health, social equity or change, colonialism/reconciliation, dis/ability, accessibility, race, gender, sexuality, and environmental or educational issues
Artists of all ages, communities, cultural backgrounds, and artistic discipline and approaches are encouraged to apply.
- Nominee fulfillment of eligibility criteria
- Nominee’s body of work
- Evidence of nominee’s engagement with broader ideas, theories, politics, and aesthetic issues relevant to the Edmonton region
- Impact of the nominee’s work, artistically and aesthetically
- Significance of artist’s impact on the community and Edmonton’s art ecology
How to Nominate
Apply with a one-page letter that identifies how the artist has engaged with larger issues, including specific examples of how the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, and a list of recent works. Please include two references with self- nominations.
Apply to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
Direct questions to Tyler Sherard: <email@example.com,> or 780-424-1573