In preparation for MZD’s 2021/2022 season, the Communications Assistant will work under the direction of MZD’s Communications and Marketing Advisor, Artistic Director and General Manager, executing tactical tasks in support of the organization’s communications and outreach initiatives.
This opportunity is funded in part by the Canada Summer Jobs program and is available to people aged 15-30.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Writing or editing for digital and print materials;
- Content creation for MZD’s website and social media channels (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter);
- Developing target audience profiles;
- Monitoring social media accounts, and engaging with followers online; – Other duties as assigned.
- Current, or recently graduated post-secondary student in public relations, communications, fine arts, social sciences or another related field;
- Demonstrated understanding in, or experience utilizing traditional communication and marketing principles;
- Digitally savvy;
- Comfortable in front of a camera;
- Strong critical thinking and customer service skills;
- Familiar with WordPress or other website content management systems; – Photography and graphic design Photo editing skills are an asset;
- Knowledge or relationships with local and national media outlets an asset
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, May 12.
Mile Zero Dance supports the creation, and engagement with contemporary dance through education, and the presentation of original, dynamic, interdisciplinary performances. We are a fast paced, flexible, responsive non-profit organization run by a small staff and governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.