Are you looking for a unique leadership opportunity? Have you been yearning to add your talent in strategic thinking, fundraising, or policy advocacy to a Leading Arts Organization? Mile Zero Dance Society is looking for leaders like you to join our board of directors.
Our volunteer board is the strategic heart of our organization, ensuring that Mile Zero Dance (MZD) thrives in the creation, training, and presentation of contemporary dance; having produced a complete artistic season for fifteen years. If you are one or more of the following, we’d like to talk to you:
- Energetic and entrepreneurial folks, who are not already overextended with other commitments, eager to put their enthusiasm for contemporary dance into action.
- Community leaders and fundraisers willing to engage their community to support our projects and programs.
- Advocates who can assist in navigating the political landscape of policy development, funding and legislation.
- Artists/academics who want to put their expertise in dance arts, community development or program development to work in the community.
If you hold yourself to high expectations, then you’ll find board service very rewarding. We are looking for folks who will:
- Attend nine board meetings annually
· Actively serve on one of our committees: Policy and Finance, Outreach and Communications, Fundraising, Equity and Inclusion.
· Advocate for our needs in the community and among your colleagues and peers
· Be always curious to learn more about contemporary dance/interdisciplinary arts as well as nonprofit governance
Upcoming challenges for Mile Zero:
- Creating a new Strategic Plan this fall
- Transitioning into a new accessible, purposeful space
- Working with a roadmap to develop Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Policies for the organization
- Leading the staff through a transitional season of site-specific programming
Mile Zero Dance is committed to reflecting the diverse communities of Amiskwacîwâskahikan on our board of directors, and welcomes Indigenous, Black, and racialized community members, as well as folks with diverse genders and mental/physical abilities to express interest. (https://milezerodance.com/2021/03/10/425511014/)
If you are interested in being considered for our board, please contact Board President Tyler Sherard at email@example.com before August 30, 2021